Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday a new square pattern is released for free for all participants to use and then all 36 squares will be assembled to make an awesome new Lapghan! And you can link up your finished project to be entered to win a prize!
The Rorschach Square is a fun design that got its name from the feature of Palm Trees...Or a snowflake...Or a water fountain...Or Angels...what do YOU see?
This is a 6” Square when worked with an I/9/5.5mm hook.
Here's the pattern:
Worsted Weight Yarn
- Color A
- Color B
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
hdc = half double crochet
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
sp = space
Long double crochet (Ldc) = insert hook in st indicated, draw up a long loop to the height of the current row, yo, draw through first 2 loops on hook, yo draw through last 2 loops on hook
Extended single crochet (esc) = insert hook in st, yo, pull up a loop, yo, pull through first loop on hook, yo, pull through both loops on hook.
1.Ch 3, join to form a ring
2. Ch 1 (doesn’t count as sc), 8 sc in ring, sl st to join in 1st sc (8)
3.Ch 1 (doesn’t count as sc), 2 sc in each st arnd, sl st to join in 1st sc (16)
4. Ch 1, sc in same sp as ch, ch 2, sk 1 st, sc in next *ch 2, sk 1, sc* around, sl st to join in 1st sc (8 sc, 8 ch-2 sps)
5. sl st to 1st ch sp, [Ch 4 (counts as dc + ch 1), dc, ch 1, dc] in same ch sp, ch 1, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch sp, ch 1, *(dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc), ch 1, (dc, ch 1, dc), ch 1* arnd, sl st to join in 3rd ch of beginning ch-4
6. sl st to 1st ch sp, ch 3, dc in same sp as ch, ch 1, 2 dc in next ch sp, ch 1, sc in next ch sp, Ldc in skp’d st from round 3 (working over ch sp), sc in next ch sp, ch 1, *2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc, ch 1, sc, Ldc in skp’d st from round 3, sc* 3X, sl st to join in top of beginning ch 3
7. Ch 1, sc in same sp, sc in next st, Ldc in skp’d st from round 5 (corner st), ch 1, Ldc in same sp, *sc x 9 (working in sts and ch sps), (Ldc, ch 1, Ldc) in skp’d st from round 5* 3X, sc x 7 (working in sts and ch sps), sl st to join in 1st sc (36 sc, 8 ldc, 4 ch-1 sps)
8. Ch 2, hdc in same sp, hdc x 2, hdc in ch sp (between Ldcs in corner), *hdc x 11, hdc in ch sp* 3X, hdc x 8, sl st to join in 1st hdc (48)
9. Ch 1, sc in same sp, sc x 2, 3 sc in next (corner), *sc x 11, 3 sc in corner* 3X, sc x 8, sl st to join in 1st sc (56)
10. Ch 1, sc in same sp, sc x 3, ch 2, sk next sc (middle of corner st), *sc x 13, ch 2, sk sc (corner)* 3X, sc x 9, sl st to join in 1st sc
11. Ch 1, sc in same sp, sc x 3, 3 esc in skp’d st from rnd 9 (corner), *sc x 13, 3 esc in skp’d st from rnd 9* 3 X, sc x 9, sl st to join in 1st sc. Fasten. (64)
Hide all strings
Block as needed
I hope you enjoyed this pattern! Let me know what YOU see in the comments.
And keep an eye out for Monday's square, coming to you from Designs From Grammy's Heart!
Looking for more 6" squares? Check out my other designs:
Join my Blackstone Designs Crochet Community group on Facebook to stay up to date, receive special offers, pattern support, and so much more!
Written Pattern © 2015 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.