This thing is a big hit in my house! It feel great on my hands, it exercises them and relieves the tension, plus my boys LOVE throwing it around. Bonus, the stitches are nice and tight, so I don't have to worry about an explosion lol
Back Bar Only (BBO): The strand of yarn that runs parallel to the back side of a HDC aka "third loop".
Surface Slip Stitches: Working slip stitches across the surface of a project.
w/ F Hook & Worsted Weight Yarn (I used Loops & Threads Impeccable in Cherry)
WORKING IN THE ROUND (no joining or chaining unless specified)
1. Make a magic ring, 8 HDC in ring(8)
2. In BBO: 2 HDC in each st arnd (16)
3. In BBO: *2 HDC, HDC* arnd (24)
4. In BBO: *2 HDC, HDC X 2* arnd (32)
5. In BBO: *2 HDC, HDC X 3* arnd (40)
6. In BBO: HDC in each st arnd (40)
9. In BBO: *DEC, HDC X 3* arnd (32)
10. In BBO: *DEC, HDC X 2* arnd (24)
Insert Stress Ball and continue the next steps working around it
11. In BBO: *DEC, HDC* arnd (16)
12. In BBO: DEC arnd (8)
13. LOOSELY Surface sl st up the back, across the top, and down the front to the starting point.
14-15. Repeat 12 working parallel to the others
16. LOOSELY Surface sl st up the back, across the top, and then halfway down the front. Surface sl st across the the last 3 surface sl st and then finish surface sl sts down the front. Ch 11, sl st across ch. Fasten to bottom. Hide string.
**I made a second ball to get a better photo and retest the pattern. It was made using Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Duckie.
I hope you love these as much as I do! Join my Blackstone Designs Crochet Community group on Facebook to stay up to date, receive special offers, pattern support, and so much more! Hope to see you there!
Written Pattern © 2014 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.