My husband's birthday was yesterday and of course I just had to make him something. (Hey, Mom always said handmade gifts meant the most!). So, I mixed his two favorite things together: Beer and Football!
It is insulated and water repellent, so the drink stays nice and cold and your hands don't get wet from the "sweat" (this is a husband tested and approved message). And the best part is, it's a super easy pattern!
Let me know what you think in the comments, or link your own versions to me through your projects folder on Ravelry...I love to see your work!!!!
Here's the drink cozy pattern:
*100% ACRYLIC yarn in your favorite team colors ( for the water repellent effect - Cotton yarn will absorb the water) - I used Red Heart Super Saver in Soft Navy (A) and Spring Green (B)
*Yarn needle (for hiding strings and sewing on other team related items if you so choose)
START WITH COLOR A
1. Make a magic ring, ch 3, 11 DC in the ring, sl st to join, pull ring closed, Ch 2
2. (DC, FPDC) in each st around (this means you will work a DC into the top of the stitch and then a FPDC around the post of the same stitch), sl st to join, Ch 2 (22)
3. *2 DC in each DC, FPDC arnd each FPDC* arnd, sl st to join, Ch 1 (33)
4. BLO: SC arnd, sl st to join, Ch 2 (33)
5. DC arnd, sl st to join, Ch 2 (33)
6-12. *FPDC arnd every DC* arnd, sl st to join, Ch 2 (33)
CHANGE COLOR (B)
13-17. FPDC arnd, sl st to join, Ch 1 (33)
CHANGE COLOR (A)
18. SC arnd, sl st to join, no chain (33)
19. Sl st arnd, Fasten. (33)
1. Ch 2, sc in the 2nd ch from hook, ch 1, turn (1)
2. 2 sc in st, ch 1, turn (2)
3. 2 sc x 2, ch 1, turn (4)
4. 2 sc, sc x 2, 2 sc, ch 1, turn (6)
5-8. sc in each st across, ch 1, turn (6)
9. dec, sc x 2, dec, ch 1, turn (4)
10. dec x 2, ch 1, turn (2)
11. dec; sc arnd the outside, putting on sc in the end of each row and in the the top of row 1 & row 11. sl st to join, Fasten.
Add the laces using white puffy paint or stitch them on with white yarn.
I hope you enjoyed this pattern! Bottoms up!
Written Pattern © 2014 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.